This website is a collaborative effort of researchers and extension specialists that have responsibilities for blackberry production in the eastern United States. Thanks to Phil Brannen, Guido Schnabel, John Clark, Hannah Burrack, and others for providing images.
Click on the most appropriate description.
Canes and/or laterals
- General decline in plant vigor
- Canes exhibit abnormal or stunted growth
- Canes, fruiting laterals, or tips are wilting and collapsing
- Canes with spots/discolored areas
- Leaves are unusually colored, spotted, or necrotic
- Leaves are curled, rolled, or crinkled
- Leaves are chewed or have holes in them
Flowers and fruit
- Flowers are damaged
- Something is chewing on the fruit
- Fruit are discolored or have spots
- Fruit are rotting prior to harvest